Tuesday, April 19, 2011

On my night stand

With three little ones under 3, I am lucky that I do not crash the moment my sleepy head hits the pillow!  However, I am trying to unwind at night with a book rather than television (which is very activating- not good for falling asleep).

My nightstand:

Here are the books I am loving right now:


Nina Garcia is a fashion journalism icon.  She has been fashion director for Elle & Marie Claire magazines. You may also know her from Project Runway.  She is one of the judges alongside Michael Kors & Heidi Klum. This book lists the 100 items every woman should have in their closet. These are classic pieces that every women should invest in and use as the base of their wardrobes.  Check back to see how I mix and match some of these classic pieces into my wardrobe.


What is the difference between a vegetarian and a vegan? Vegetarians do not eat meat, whereas vegans do not eat ANY animal products.  This includes dairy and eggs.  While I am not a vegan, reading this book has made me lean vegan or become Veganist.  Kathy is so realistic about making small changes to get healthier.  By being conscious about what we eat, we can prevent disease, lose weight and feel all around better.  

After close to 8 years of marriage (almost 10 together), I am still madly in love with my husband.  He is my best friend and I love spending time with him.  But, with work, kids, and house hold responsibilities, it is not as easy as when we first met and fell in love- when we were footloose and fancy-free.  It may not always be easy, but we are 100% committed and realize that we have to work on it.  This book focuses on tailoring your message to the person you are delivering it to.  It helps remind me how to show my husband appreciation and love, in the way that he appreciate and responds to it.  

What are you reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...