Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Look like a Princess

Did you watch the Royal Wedding?  I was up with my little ones at 5:40 am, so got to catch the actual ceremony.  The best part for me, was how smitten my girls were with a real life Princess!  They kept calling Westminster Abbey her "castle".   
I for one, thought that Kate looked stunning.  Her style was effortless, chic and timeless. Aside from seeing the fashion, my absolute favorite moment was when the doors of the balcony opened at Buckingham Palace. Kate was completely stunned and mouthed "Wow". Perfect! 


Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, always looks effortlessly chic.  She even looked impeccable taking out the trash, just days after her wedding.  Here is how to emulate her look:
PHOTOS: DANNY LAWSON/WPA POOL/GETTY IMAGES


Kate always adheres to the eyes or lips rule. (Only highlight your eyes or lips). She highlights her beautiful eyes with black eyeliner and black mascara and leaves a nude lip.  I LOVE this look.  My personal favorites are Laura Mercier Caviar Eyeliner and Lancome Definicils Mascara.  


PHOTOS: DANNY LAWSON/WPA POOL/GETTY IMAGES
Her manicure is flawless, not flashy.  Her nails are cut short and a pale pink polish says understated elegance. My favorites are Essie Mademoiselle and Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat. (They always use these products at my favorite nail place- Queen B Salon, aka, my Master Bath!)

PHOTOS: DANNY LAWSON/WPA POOL/GETTY IMAGES


Kate knows that a little color, goes a long way!  It looks like she is not afraid of a faux tan. I LOVE, LOVE Clarin's tanning products.  They are so natural looking, never orange and never streaky.  Try Clarins Self Tanning Instant Gel for your body and Clarins Liquid Bronze Self Tanning for your face and décolleté.

PHOTOS: DANNY LAWSON/WPA POOL/GETTY IMAGES

My favorite thing about Kate is how gorgeous she looks, even on a canoe. Here, she is sporting my husbands absolute favorite look- the pony tail! I love Aveda Air Control Hair Spray, to hold this hairdo wonderfully without being stiff. 

What do you think about Kate's look?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...